October 6, 2018 6:54 am
PROJECT NAME:- HAJJ PILGRIM BAGGAGE HANDLING
SCOPE OF WORK:- Baggage collection from 2 different hotels in Madinah and 3 different hotels in Makkah, re-pack to make the shipment air worthy and then airlift to Brunei.
The task was to collect baggage of 900 pilgrims from 2 different hotels in Madinah and 3 different hotels in Makkah, re-pack to make the shipment air worthy and then airlift to Brunei. The collection was to be made from all hotels within 10 days’ time. The total shipment volume is 33 tons.
The benchmark was to deliver the shipment to consignee door within 7 days meeting all milestones.
- Seek permission from traffic control for collection time slots
- Collect shipments from each hotel
- Re-pack the shipment if required
- Transport shipment to JEDDAH WH for labeling and segregation
- Airlift the shipment via Jeddah Airport
- Access to the sites can be done only upon prior approval from Traffic Departments. Getting approvals is a time-consuming work
- Work cannot be carried out entire day due to congestions in these cities. Trucks and cars are not allowed to operate except for only 4 hours in a day
- The shipments must be re-packed and loaded at the same time as the hotel do not allow to store the shipments in their premises
- Last minute cancellation of service from carrier due to technical issue. The service was called off for almost 2 weeks
- we faced congestion at transit port from alternative carrier as they had huge movements to Brunei due to Royal wedding during this period.